Outtakes from Duluth, MN and Superior, WI. Click to enlarge.
- Black-capped Chickadee playing peek-a-boo (actually, rubbing seed oils off its beak).
- Gray Jay after filling up on peanut butter.
- Red Squirrel being cute.
- Pine Siskins having breakfast
- Common Redpoll peering down.
- Downy Woodpecker eating ice for water (it was 15°F).
- Mallard drake paddling in icy waters.
- Large ice sculpture, days before its unfortunate collapse. Read more here.
[Edited to add: Ice sculpture is being rebuilt! Read here.]